About Me

My photo
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

View From a Window

Friday, July 25, 2008 0 comments


Even as a child my favourite time-pass was sitting on the window which had a wide ledge. The window looked out on a public ground. Munching on peanuts, I could ask my mother:
Who is That Man? Where is he going?
Why does he not play a game? Will his mother be angry if he is late?
What could be in his bag - that he is carrying? etc.
I got fairly plausible and patient answers. She I now recall used to be amused and pleased at such questions.
Is it Genes? My son also asked similar questions. I also loved such sessions and answered him patiently and with humour.
I treasure both sets of remembrances as moments dripping with pure love.
But now as an adult (as you see in my profile "About Me"), I look at the world and ask myself those same questions again. Sometimes I look inwards and ask myself about myself!
What do you get from writing such Blogs? Will your wife be not angry for spending too much time on computer?
Who reads them and why do they?
You could play the role of my mother and try answering that ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: to “ View From a Window so far...

Post a Comment