About Me

My photo
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

Say Cheese

Saturday, April 02, 2005 1 comments

If posts are a ton of milk - exerpts from these, are like a few pounds of cheese, culled from that milk. These reflect the essence, of what I am submitting, for your consideration.


  • A good engineer should be able to 'Saw with a file and File with a Saw'.

  • Work, that gives me an emotional high, is 'My Cosmic Work'. This is the work 'What I am individually here for?'.

  • We like an ant on a football don't know who we are, why we are there on this globe, and what is the globe made of, what are the processes acting on this globe.

  • One oriental concept is that we all have a soul (Aatmaan). The soul is only a part of larger entity - the super-soul (Param-Aatmaan). God is nothing but this super-soul. All souls are linked to each other and form a whole. Budhism takes it further to propound that there is no division between our soul and the God's super-soul - its only one entitity. Eh! an internet of Souls.

  • My religion (Hinduism) says that all this world is an illusion. But if I bang my head on the illusive wall I get severe non-illusive pain in my illusive head. No! Even if it might be a world of illusion - that illusion is for Gods. For us humans this world is a brick and mortar world.

  • More than passing down of genes, its this passing down and further accumulation of knowledge - generation after generation - that is the essence of "What are we here for?".

  • We are just envelops of the message of genes - where the envelop itself is the message.

  • All literature and Arts arise from the quest of humans to understand just two questions, in the absence of an operation manual from GOD:

    • Who am I?

    • Why am I here?

  • Exceptional creativity arises at the boudries between normalcy and insanity.

  • Having too much money/ Power /beauty could be a fatal disease.

  • There has been too much back and forth mating between the Peoples that Race and Ethnicity has no Biological basis.

  • Differences between the Races are much less than variations within the Race.

  • I had dived 80 fathoms below conscious and touched the real tenant of my body. He is real sport and much more child-like and happy, than I am.

  • But the urge to mate and procreate is so altruistic that I suspect that this is a Trojan virus that has hijacked our psyche by some aliens.... And how ludicrous, funny and laughable this rub-and-tinkle thing is mating. It looks fishy. I feel we have been enslaved by some Virus into this anti-selfish urge.

  • Even if I don't realise, all my emotional reactions are based on a world-view acquired mostly as a child.... it is very manipulative of us....Most of our grief as adults arises from this world-view.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments: to “ Say Cheese so far...

Post a Comment