About Me

My photo
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

The Mental Chains We inherit

Sunday, March 06, 2005 0 comments

Even if I don't realise, all my emotional reactions are based on a world-view acquired mostly as a child.
By world view, I mean, a conceptual model of human universe. What are the components of this universe and what are their inter-relations? What are the fundamental rules and principles which govern the processes of this universe? What action would attract which retribution or reward?
Its part morals, part religion, part spiritual, part psychology but mostly unadulterated non-sense.
This model is necessary to save the society from inbuilt animal genetic programming in our brains. Therefore it is very manipulative of us.Our religion, family and society inculcate this model of human universe in us. Parenting involves passing on these mental chains to our children.
Most of our grief as adults arises from this world-view.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: to “ The Mental Chains We inherit so far...

Post a Comment