About Me

My photo
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

80 Fathoms below Conscious

Thursday, March 10, 2005 0 comments

I underwent a minor operation, under general anesthesia, on a hand injury. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of coming out of unconsciousness after the operation - so let me share it with you.
My first recollection after the operation was of a video-game like bizarre scene in my mind. The figures were hazy and with very low resolution - madeup of large square pixels. As time went by the picture dithered like a ".GIF" file downloading - and became more refined. But for quite sometime it was not a clear picture.
I had a feeling of zipping at high speed on a motorway with scenery rushing past me - wind on face. It was exhilarating.
I was amidst unknown landmarks in an unfamiliar City.
A small voice in my head told me " Ah! Good. Enjoy the moment don't rushout to consciousness. Don't succumb to frantic efforts of others to take you away from this - too soon. Enjoy while this lasts."
I was feeling like a naughty child in presence of doting parents.
I opened eyes, but my pupils were uncontrolled - they were vibrating left and right. I saw multiple, collage of overlapped blocks of hazy images of my wife.
I told my Wife: " I am enjoying it, don't disturb".
The videogame played on in the mind. I enjoyed it very much.
The thrilling and exhilarating feeling was with me for days to come. I used to consciously go back to that feeling, by closing eyes.
I had dived 80 fathoms below conscious and touched the real tenant of my body. He is real sport and much more child-like and happy, than I am.
P.S. Or was it drug-induced hallucination?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: to “ 80 Fathoms below Conscious so far...

Post a Comment