About Me

My photo
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

My First Girl Friend

Sunday, July 13, 2008 0 comments

The hit counter on this blog is entering into that range of figures - about which I feel very nostalgic. In 1953 I was 3 years old. Chubby, naughty, playful - 4th child out of five. I was very greedy about food and used to steal goodies from kitchen. I had started going to Nursery School at that age - which I hated. I remember feeling very lost and crying on the first day - when a very pretty classmate came, hugged, kissed and consoled me. I can recall even the pillar against which I leaned to cry. Thereafter I think I must have stopped crying and started playing with her. Its not a love story, the girl left school after 2/3 years - I don't know her. I graduated from the same school at 17 years of age. Its a rosy feeling to recall that act of kindness. Oh! no! Let me not cry again.
Originally published in my blog Nothing That Matters, where you can see the comments.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments: to “ My First Girl Friend so far...

Post a Comment